History of reviewers

In May '15 someone asked for the possibility to see the history of reviewers. Not merely counts, duration and last review date but an actual list of papers reviewed.

I would like to reiterate this request as it really gives a better impression of a reviewer when one can consult previous reviews of said reviewer.

regards

Poul

Hi @poulalberg,

One option would be to use the “Log In As” feature to log in as a reviewer and view their Archive. But if you’re looking for flexibility than that provides, it might be a good candidate for a new report plugin. If you have PHP expertise on hand, there are some good examples to get you started and I may be able to provide some guidance via this forum.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher

Ah yes; that would be an obvious idea for peeking into individual reviewers one at a time. That actually suffices for this purpose. As for programming plugins, that is not really something time would permit me to do - or an area where I think I have expertise nearby.

Thanks again

Poul

I need this too. Sorely. I need to be able to filter last year’s reviewers to issue thanks and certificates. I have to go back to each submitted manuscript while recording on an Excel spreadsheet. Really inefficient. Why hasn’t this been included as a feature?

Hi @Vivienne_Bachelet,

Have you tried the reviewer report? See under Reports & Statistics as Journal Manager.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Ok! Thank you very much! Only glitch is that I wasn’t able to download to Excel with correct Spanish accents. Any suggestions?

This may be an Excel issue. In one of my multilingual installs, the review report comes across with malformed accented characters when opened directly.

Try downloading the file and opening it with Excel’s “Text Import Wizard”. For me, the “File origin” automatically selects “Windows (ANSI)”, but if I select the correct encoding (“65001: Unicode (UTF-8)” in my case), the characters appear correctly.