Header image uploaded problem Internet Explorer

Hello to all.
Im working with ojs 2.4.8., i uploaded an header image created with Photoshop and saved as jpg.
I created image with specific size (width 1269).
I can see correctly The image with Firefox browser but not with Internet Explorer. The image seems to be smaller ad width.
Can you guys help me???

Hi @Matte,

This is more of an HTML/CSS question than an OJS question; I’d suggest working with a tool like Firebug for Firefox to inspect the styles applied to the page elements. You may need to construct a few pieces of CSS specific to your journal and upload the resulting file on the Appearance form.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

:slight_smile: thanks
A bit complicated for me.
I see in The ber a lot of premade theme for many systems (Wordpress, joomla, ecc) but not for ojs.
Why?

Hi @Matte,

We have a much smaller user community than Wordpress and Joomla, and very little 3rd-party commercialization in comparison. This is something that may improve with OJS 3.0, which has revamped theming capabilities and is much more pleaseant to customize.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ok i got it.
In The menatime can you suggest me where i can search in The net for something of premade, possibly with low budget?
Thanks

Hi @Matte,

It sounds like what you need is not a theme so much as a bit of CSS tweaking to get your logo to display as you want it. I’d suggest looking for someone who’s good with CSS; you don’t necessarily need OJS-specific knowledge as general HTML and CSS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

well Alec, to be honest no.

Im trying to make a version mobile for my ojs but it is very complicated.
If i do that, i will notice you.

thanks for answering me in any case

Hi @Matte,

We’ll be releasing OJS 3.0 in less than half a year; I’d suggest waiting until that release before doing any heavy lifting on your journal’s layout. It’ll include a responsive design and a lot of UI work to make theming easier. If you’re curious how it looks, you can check it out of our github repository’s master branch.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello Alec,

thank you for sharing that information. Then, I’m looking forward to have the new version!!!

Do you maybe have some information about how Aruba Spa (international hosting that works also in Italy) works with OJS 2.4.8.

I found some bad news and opinion from the net but they referred to an old version of ojs (i think 2.2. or something like that).

Thanks

Hi @Matte,

I don’t know anything about Aruba Spa, but I know of several institutions in Italy that are using OJS – perhaps @marchitelli has some pointers?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks Alec. I Will do it.

Just another information please. I found on the net an hold post in the pkp forum in which it has been uploaded a customized theme ("BlueBar theme).
Here is the link:https://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8236

I did not find any other post than that.
Do you maybe know where can i check if it has been recorded problem with latest versions of ojs?
To be honest i tried it with ojs 248 and it works
Thanks

Hi @Matte,

It’s a few years old but works fine with OJS 2.4.8.

Regards,
Alec Smecher