Getting a blank page after using OMP

Hi All,

I installed OMP successfully, created users, a Press etc. However today I am going to the site and I am getting a blank page and I don’t know what seems to be the problem.

I read a bit and changed permissions to cache folder (tried 644, 755, 777 but no success) I am using filezilla FTP.
I am not very tech savvy but I managed to install it successfully the first time but now alas, I can’t even find the login screen again.

Your help will be most appreciated.
Mkuki

Hi @mkuki

Have you checked your php error log, most likely this blank screen is recording some error messge in your server log.

Other approach is double check your filesystem directories ownership (usually set with a chown command). Sometimes it is possible chmod reading permission but it can conflicting with ownership and your webserver may not access those folders or files.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,
white screens occur sometimes because the command assert (which is usually used for automated testing) is used in some places in the code as reaction of an error instead of throwing errors or exceptions. An assert stops the program instantly without any feedback as far I can see. For example in the plug-in registry there are many cases in which assert is called if some plug-in configurations are wrong; so if you rename a plug-in-folder you will get a white screen. That’s just an example.

You may add the lines below at the top of your index.php to catch assertion faults which may help debugging. It not a guaranteed recipe to solve your problem, but maybe you can get a hint from it what is going wrong.

Best,
Paflov

function assert_failure() {
	echo'<b>assertion fault</b><pre>';
	debug_print_backtrace();
	echo '</pre>';
	die();
}

assert_options(ASSERT_CALLBACK, 'assert_failure');

Dear Sirs, Sorry I was traveling and did not have much access to an internet connection.

I have tried both but I still am stuck. @israel.cefrin I checked the log but no reference to OMP at all.

I do not really know how to set using chown because I only know how to set permissions using filezilla.

@paf I copy and pasted your lines but they did not bring anything, it just posted it when you visited the page. It is also possible I do not know how to identify the hint.

I must confess that I am not a techie, I was just following the instructions on how to install and it worked the first time but after a day I visit the site again and I just get a white page. Any other way to help? Our press really cannot afford to hire a developer, I don’t think anyway although if there are some here who could be affordable maybe we can discuss to see how we can achieve at an agreeable fee.

Thanks,
Mkuki

Thanks,
Mkuki

I have reuploaded and extracted the files again and now I am getting this error and when I fill all the forms and click install it takes me to a blank page agein. See below:

Warning: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 81

Warning: Declaration of LanguageToggleBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/plugins/blocks/languageToggle/LanguageToggleBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 110

Warning: Declaration of LanguageToggleBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/plugins/blocks/languageToggle/LanguageToggleBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 110

Warning: Declaration of LanguageToggleBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/plugins/blocks/languageToggle/LanguageToggleBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 110

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 146

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 148

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 150

Deprecated: Non-static method VersionCheck::getCurrentCodeVersion() should not be called statically in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/MaintenanceForm.inc.php on line 37

Deprecated: Non-static method Version::fromString() should not be called statically in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/site/VersionCheck.inc.php on line 108

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 351

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php:81) in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 773

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/plugins/blocks/developedBy/DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php:81) in /home1/mkukinan/public_html/omp-3.1.0/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 776

Hi @mkuki

Please see this post:

Even it is related to OJS, messages are quite similar you are reporting.

Please, test solution given in there.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team