Future Issue Uploading Error to OJS

Hi… I keep getting the uploading error that “Issue Identification is Required”…what is that? I’ve left that text box blank since I don’t know what to put in there. I’ve included my Volume, Year, Number, & Title. The title goes outside of the text box and is in all CAPS. The upload file is a .pdf.

HELP!!!

Hi @Steve_Sobelman,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you Alec…

I’m using Version: 2.4.4.1

Hi @Steve_Sobelman,

Have you checked any of the checkboxes beside “Issue Identification”? (I’m looking at OJS 2.4.8-1 – but if I recall correctly the form was the same in OJS 2.4.4.1.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Alec,

Here is the image…I’ve checked Volume, Number, Year, Title and am uploading this as a “future issue” because I want this to be our next issue… You’ll note that there is no check box next to Public issue identifier…just an empty text box.

Still need help…please,

Thank you,

Steve

Hi @Steve_Sobelman,

The data in that form looks fine to me, so I’m not sure why OJS is complaining. Is it possible for you to upgrade to a more recent release? OJS 2.4.4-1 is almost 3 years old, and it’s possible that you’re encountering an old bug or platform compatibility problem. If you’re not ready to upgrade to OJS 3.x, the current 2.x release (2.4.8-1 as of now) is extremely stable and the upgrade is low risk.

Regards,
Alec Smecher