Full-text discussion message with attachment vs digest notification

Hi,

I have a question regarding email notifications.

Issue or problem

When I create or reply to a discussion topic under “Review Discussions”, authors, reviewers and editors only receive a brief notification about this message. The user has to log into OJS to view the message and download attachments.

Is there an option to send the entire message including attachments via email?

What application are you using?

OJS 3.3.0.10

Many thanks for your reply! I understand digest notification may be limited by design, so any comment on this is appreciated.

Best regards,
Xiaojun

Hi @hktang,

The discussion is limited to being within OJS, and it is not sent outside of it. This thread explains some of the options have for notifications: [SOLVED] Different way to show Review contents to authors - #3 by Alejandra_Casas (please note this is for 3.1, but the premise is the same, and user options are under “notifications” under the user’s profile.

I will note, however, that there is work planned to change this in the upcoming version of OJS (3.4): Embed discussion content into the notification message body · Issue #6222 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

-Roger
PKP team

Hi @rcgillis,

Thank you for the information! I will keep an eye on the new changes in v3.4. Thank you and your team for the hard work in revamping the email system!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.