Frustrating experience with OJS

I have been using OJS platform for our institutional journal. Hosted by bluehost. Before now people have found it easy submitting articles. But my site was hit by a malware which we cleaned and got the site back.

However, since then the user experience has been very poor. For example in Nigeria the major internet providers are MTN, AIRTEL, GLO. Anytime anyone tries to access our journal site using MTN, the site will load but if you try to login it almost immediately logs you out of the site. This does not happen to other networks.

Even for me as an admin it logs me out even when I manage to login it will say “The current role does not have access to this operation”

I have reached out to the hosting company to be sure the IP address of MTN was not blacklisted.

Please does anyone know how I Can solve this?

Before you post your question, check out the user guides and video tutorials at PKP Docs and search the forum to see if someone else had the same question.

When you post your question give as much detail as possible, including the following:

• Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2
  • Description of issue
  • Steps you took leading up to the issue
  • What you tried to resolve the issue
  • Screenshots
  • Error log messages if applicable

You can post in any language, but please note there is an Español category, an Italiana category, a Deutsche category, and an external Spanish OJS forum.

Do not share any information that could compromise the security of your site or the privacy of your users.

@Emmanuel_Nnadi n the file config.icn.php, the default setting is “session_check_ip = On”. Try to change it to “session_check_ip = Off”

2 Likes

Thanks. That seem to have solved it