First step of submission wont load and Submission tab broken

1. When I click on the “submissions” tab in my dashboard, it says “An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.” That’s what it’s been saying for a couple of weeks. It doesn’t ever seem to work. I exit out of the warning and it is just a blank page of the tabs.
  2. This might be related to the first issue, but I can’t get past the first step of actually making a submission. When I go to tab “1. Start”, I check off all the requirements and fill out everything on that page, then click “Save and continue”, but it shows a loading sign next to that button forever. It has also been like this for a long time and I’ve tried logging in as different users and using different browsers.

I don’t know how to fix these issues. Previously the submissions worked, but I hadn’t tried in a couple of months before this happened. I tried updating the site to the newest version twice, but it broke my site each time and I had to get it restored by my hosting company. I don’t know if that is a factor.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 10.50.34 PM
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.58.40 PM

Hi @Katrina_Ostrom,

Can you please indicate the version of OJS you’re using (please include this in your posts)?
For the error you’re experiencing - do you have access to your PHP error logs and can identify any relevant errors from there? This is typically more helpful than the error messages displayed on the browser.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi,
Thank you for responding! I just completely restarted my website from scratch, and all the problems went away.

:smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.