Few Questions (Please look inside)

1. How to show the latest articles being published/ Like I want to show just 7 latest articles on the front page, instead of the entire current issue. Please show me the code which I will have to enter and the file. You can have a look on the front page (www.jmri.org.in)

2. When you enter any article, you can see a form created by me which reads as “Write to Us”. I want that form to be perfect and when a person enter something, it directly send it to the email id mentioned in the code. In this way, this form collects all the data and then opens a new box (gmail) and paste all the info in the mail and then ask us to send.

3. How to make HTML file? I dont know so much. Please guide me.

Hi @varshilmehta,

We try to use this forum to build a knowledge base so that users can find answers to questions others have already asked, so it’s better not to ask multiple questions on the same thread.

Do you have experience coding e.g. with PHP? You’ll require some PHP knowledge to make modifications; we can’t guide through modifications in detail, but can perhaps provide guidance if you get stuck somewhere specific.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yes, however, I tried finding about how to only show 5 recent articles on the front page, but I was not able to find the codes. Could you please guide in me this?

www.jmri.org.in is the site. Thanks

Hi @varshilmehta,

The journal homepage is presented in pages/index/IndexHandler.inc.php in the index function. Look for:

$templateMgr->display('frontend/pages/indexJournal.tpl');

…which builds the response from the templates/frontend/pages/indexJournal.tpl template file.

For some guidance on how to fetch/format the data, look at plugins/generic/webFeed, which is the plugin responsible for generating RSS/Atom feeds of the latest articles.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I know about it, But what should I add? code and where exactly? I am not that much expert unfortunately. Just started with coding. So if possible please tell each step by step. Thanks.

Hi @varshilmehta,

I’m afraid I can’t walk you through this in detail. If you’re able to get started and get stuck somewhere specific, I can possibly provide guidance.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ok no problem. I can only give up then. Thanks anyways.

If any one else can help me with this, it would be a great help fro me. Thanks.

@bozana Could you please look into this? Thanks in advance.