Feature Request - Filter submissions by section editor

Hi,

I would like to suggest a new feature. Filter submissions by section editor.
Editors wants to be able to view submissions by section editor. They consider that this function is fundamental to control submissions flow.

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira.

1 Like

Hi @Tarcisio_Pereira,

++ 1 from my side. I am getting such wishes too.

Regards, PrimoĹľ

1 Like

SciELO journals would benefit from this as well.

++ 1

I agree with you, Journal managers and editors would benefit a lot from such a feature.
Regards,

Yes, agreed. We run a journal with guest editors, each one responsible for an issue. Filtering by section or guest editor would help tremendously.

Our next major release (v3.3) will allow you to filter the active and archived submission lists by assigned editor. :tada:

editor-filter

2 Likes

Hi @NateWr

That will be great!

1 Like

Grand. I see we are still on 3.2.x.

Is this a definite? One of the things I battle with is even allocation between section editors (I have 6 in total – 3xIS, 3xCS).

Will this be just one more filter, so I can see active submissions, add section editor as a filter and include or exclude particular editors?

Is this a definite?

Yes, this is definitely going into 3.3, which is scheduled for release in Q1 2021.

Will this be just one more filter, so I can see active submissions, add section editor as a filter and include or exclude particular editors?

Yes, this is an additional filter added to the Active submissions tab so that you can apply more than one filter at a time. However, it only filters by assigned editors. So you can ask “Get me all submissions assigned to these editors” but not “Get me all submissions not assigned to these editors”.

1 Like