Fatal error when I try to upgrade OJS version on localhost

Describe the issue or problem
I’m trying to upgrade my OJS to the latest version, I’m planning to try upgrading on my localhost first before upgrading my main OJS on the server.

After I downloaded all my OJS data from the server and successfully imported the .sql file into my phpMyadmin page, I tried to open my local OJS page and I got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\journals\plugins\generic\webfeed\WebFeedPlugin.inc.php on line 98

What should I do to solve this problem?

What application are you using?
OJS 3.0.2.0
OS platform Linux
PHP version 5.6.40
Apache version|nginx 1.20.1
Database driver|mysql
Database server version :5.5.68-MariaDB

Additional information
Screenshot :
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-30 at 4.07.48 PM

Hello @agumilar,

You may also want to check on any relevant errors from your PHP error log and report them here as well - that may help to get to the root of the problem easier.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello @agumilar ,

There are many factors that cause the getID error function to appear during the OJS upgrade process, related to your case, you can try these tips:

1. If you have a third-party plugin such as JATS Parser and others delete the plugin, in some cases it is because the third plugin is causing the error.

2. After you find that the upgrade failed, you are required to import a fresh database, namely OJS 3.0.2.

3. I highly recommend the upgrade process using Linux with the CLI method to minimize repeated upgrades due to occasional errors when using the web method.

4. For upgrades to 3.3x, you must use PHP at least version 7.3, because many errors will appear if you use PHP 5.6

I hope this helps.

Regards
Ghazi