Export published PDFs

One of our journals would like to export all their published articles. The journal has 108 issues.

I could not find any easy way to assist them. I am familiar with the Native export plugin. I know I can decode the final pdf from the native XML file. I am looking for a way to allow a non-technical journal manager to export the files themselves. I am sorry if I missed something obvious.

We are using OJS 3.3.0-7

Thank you,
Gabriela
@operkovic

Hello @gabriela,

These are the export options available in OJS 3.3 (under “Tools” in the menu - which you may already be familiar with):

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 12.03.44 PM

As you can see a lot of them are geared towards exporting the data towards a number of other external format/service (e.g. Crossref/DOAJ, etc.). You could potentially try one of these options to see if it is more suited to your purpose than the Native XML export.

There is also this plugin, from the DNB, which I haven’t used, so can’t vouch for, but it may have some potential: GitHub - ojsde/dnb: OJS plugin that exports full texts and metadata to the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek (DNB)

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @gabriela,

If you are looking for a way to download quickly all the PDF, and you aren’t interested in metadata (for example because your journals ask to back-up locally their articles), did you think to download through the FTP?

You could download the whole directory of your journal, which contains all the files in any submission, including the published ones. In the following picture an example about the folder tree as you (or your webmaster) should see it.

Immagine

The problem in this case may be the big amount of file, but in my opinion it’s easier deleting some files than adding them.

Sorry if this answer looked too obivious. Let us know what you’ll do.
bye

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.