Errors occurred during installation A database error has occurred

Hi everyone,
I am a beginner in OJS ,and I want to learn how to install it but after I filled the form this error message appeared ,
“Errors occurred during installation A database error has occurred: Access denied for user ‘’@‘localhost’ to database ‘ojs2’” I have read all the questions in this site but the answers were very vague as I am still beginner & English is not my native language ,So please if any one has an answer ,replay this question?

Recommended system requirements

PHP >= 5.2.0; you are currently using PHP 5.6.28
MySQL >= 4.1 or PostgreSQL >= 9.1.5
Apache >= 1.3.2x or >= 2.0.4x or Microsoft IIS 6

config.inc.php is writable (optional): Yes
public/ is writable: Yes
cache/ is writable: Yes
cache/t_cache/ is writable: Yes
cache/t_compile/ is writable: Yes
cache/_db is writable: Yes

Hi @Wagd,

It looks like you didn’t fill in the database username field in the installation form.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @Wagd,

In that screenshot, it looks like the password field is empty. Make sure you’re filling out all the database-related fields, and that you’ve granted permission e.g. using phpMyAdmin or by executing a GRANT ALL statement in the database.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Explain the steps please for one of these solutions, I am still a beginner in OJS :anguished: ?

Hi @Wagd,

See e.g. this answer on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/a/36110469/1964163

Regards,
Alec Smecher

ohhhh Mr.Alec thanks alot :grinning:
after two month of trying to install OJS , finally I got this page :cry:

your link that you send lead me to this site that was very helpful to add the user and give him all grants

So ,thanks ,thanks ,thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @Wagd,

Glad you got it working!

Regards,
Alec Smecher