Error while uploading galleys

I’m using OJS 3.1.1.4. When I’m trying to upload a file an error message appears with the following text: “Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned”. This is recent, I haven’t had issues with this before, and it happens sometimes, not every time I try to upload a new galley.
Any idea?

Hi @Ana,

Are there any relevant errors in PHP logs?

Hello

This is the only error I found:

[31-Aug-2020 17:52:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Article::getGalleys() in /home/revis118/public_html/plugins/generic/embedGalley/EmbedGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 146
These are the last lines:
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ArticleGalleyGridCellProvider::getCellActions() should be compatible with GridCellProvider::getCellActions($request, $row, $column, $position = GRID_ACTION_POSITION_DEFAULT) in /home/revis118/public_html/controllers/grid/articleGalleys/ArticleGalleyGridCellProvider.inc.php on line 18
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/revis118/public_html/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of LensGalleyPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/revis118/public_html/plugins/generic/lensGalley/LensGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of EmbedGalleyPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/revis118/public_html/plugins/generic/embedGalley/EmbedGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:29 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of AddThisPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/revis118/public_html/plugins/generic/addThis/AddThisPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:30 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/revis118/public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:30 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/revis118/public_html/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 0
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:30 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/revis118/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:30 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/revis118/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:30 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ArticleHandler::initialize() should be compatible with PKPHandler::initialize($request) in /home/revis118/public_html/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php on line 0
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:30 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/revis118/public_html/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:30 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getCCLicenseBadge() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/revis118/public_html/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php on line 150
[31-Aug-2020 18:08:30 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionKeywordEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId() should be compatible with ControlledVocabEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId($controlledVocabId, $rangeInfo = NULL, $filter = NULL) in /home/revis118/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/SubmissionKeywordEntryDAO.inc.php on line 20

This error comes from the plugin but according to the code it should appear when viewing front-end - on article landing page, so I’m not sure. @ajnyga, do you think this can be related?

Does this issue appear when there is an XML galley?
Can you reproduce the problem and then inspect PHP error log to be sure that it’s related?

I solved this by removing the Plugin