Error while installing

Hi,

I am not able to install ojs. The installation page is keep on loading again and again even after giving all needed details like (admin and DB credentials). I am using using the ojs version 3.1.2

The error log file shows as below

Declaration of InstallHandler::validate($request) should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 118
[01-Apr-2019 06:39:26 America/New_York] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; dbObject has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxx/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 106

The PHP version is: PHP 7.0.1
MySQL version is: 5.6.43

Please suggest

Thanks

Try to use PHP 7.2 which is way better and PHP 7.0 is obsolete.

The requirement mentioned for installing ojs is PHP 7.0 or greater. Mine is a shared hosting. Currently they are providing PHP 7.0

Please suggest.

Please use 7.2. I came across some installations that di dnot work properly on PHP 7.0. PHP 7.0 is obsolete.
https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

Hi all,

PHP 7.0.1 should work without trouble – @SIERRA_ODC, I would suggest checking the page for error messages, and checking your server error log. You might also try turning on the disable_path_info option to see if that helps identify the problem, though I don’t recommend using this in general.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team