Error when upload image in additional content

help me, i always get this error when i upload an image in additional content

49 PM

i have tried any kind of image extension n size, but still get error

Hi @kbh,

Which of our applications are you using, and what version? Please include this information in your posts.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

i use ojs. 3.0.1, please help me to solve it…

Hi @kbh,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/file/wrappers/HTTPFileWrapper.inc.php on line 77
[21-Sep-2017 14:20:33 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice: Undefined index: release in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/site/VersionCheck.inc.php on line 195
[21-Sep-2017 14:20:34 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice: Undefined index: release in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/site/VersionCheck.inc.php on line 195

i got this on my php error log, what should i do?

Hi @kbh,

That’s not the full error message – there is likely more in the log.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dropbox - File Deleted this is my file.

Hi @kbh,

There may be other issues there as well, but the first thing that jumps out at me is messages like

PHP Fatal error:  Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs3/cache/t_compile'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs3/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1094

This is a file permissions problem. Double-check your file permissions; there is information in the FAQ section of this forum and in docs/README.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

i am not really sure that is my problem, coz that is my old problem on ojs 3, n i have been chage all the file permission. i have try to upload image again n i didnt see any additional error log in my PHP error log.

Hi @kbh,

Are those “unable to write” messages fresh? If so, I would strongly suggest resolving them first, even if it turns out not to be related to the upload problem. Upload issues are often permissions-based. The permissions requirements for the files_dir, cache and public directories are the same, so if you are using permissions consistently, a problem in one will likely be shared in another.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Once the file permissions are solved and if the problem still persist, see also this issue: [OJS] justboil.me image uploader doesn't work when `public/site` does not exist · Issue #1919 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub