Error when sending email message - worked until 3 days ago

On version 3.1.2.1 I have been sending emails through OJS with no issues using default settings for 2 years. Last week, I started receiving error messages that emails could not be sent. This happens regardless of the the user that is logged in (from both my institutional email address and a gmail address) and from different computers, IP addresses, etc.

I tried customizing the email settings in config.inc.php according to instructions found on this forum but nothing has worked so I’ve restored to the default.

Please help! My journal is halted until I fix this and my editor is getting very frsutrated.

Hello @Amelia,

The version of OJS that you’re using is no longer supported by PKP. I recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS. You can also consult our documentation on email configuration here: Email

The version of OJS that you’re using is no longer supported by PKP. I recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS, as it is possible that your issue will be resolved by upgrading. However, other community members may wish to offer assistance.

Upgrading instructions are available in the PKP Administrator’s Guide.

Information about the latest version of OJS can be found on the PKP Website

Other community members may wish to offer assistance.

Upgrading instructions are available in the PKP Administrator’s Guide.

Information about the latest version of OJS can be found on the PKP Website

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team