Error Upgrading From OJS 3.1.0 to OJS 3.1.2

Hello,

I received the following error message upon hitting the upgrade button for OJS 3.1.2:

“This page isn’t working
website is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500”

If anyone knows what the problem might be, please let me know. Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Agoor

Perhaps you might check the PHP requirement for OJS 3.1.2.

To run the latest release of OJS 3.x, your web server will need:

• PHP 7.0 or later with MySQL or PostgreSQL support

I have the same problem upgrading OJS from 3.0.2 to 3.1.2 i have switched the php from 5.6 to 7.0 but not luck still “This page isn’t working
website is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500”

This is the error
https://i.imgur.com/ZPQwvQJ.png

Hi @sisca_ojs,

I have tried switching to PHP 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3, but the problem still exists. I also checked my error logs, and found nothing there.

Best regards,
Mohamed Agoor

Hi @Mohamed_Agoor,

The relevant error is…

PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /home/.../classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php:2474

I think you’re missing an entry in your Components list that’s required for the upgrade. Go to Settings > Workflow > Components, and make sure there’s an entry called “HTML Stylesheet”. If you don’t have one, you can create it with these characteristics…

ss

You’ll need to create this in your OJS 3.1.0 installation, before you run the upgrade script.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I created the “HTML Stylesheet,” but the problem still exists. I did notice today however that in my journal settings a message states that I am currently using OJS 3.1.1.4. I believe this may be because last month I upgraded from OJS 3.1.0 to OJS 3.1.1.4, but when I discovered that the content in my “submissions” was missing, I switched back to OJS 3.1.0. I later learned however, that all I had to do was clear my browser cache in order for the content to reappear. So upon discovering yesterday that OJS 3.1.2 was released, I upgraded directly from OJS 3.1.0. Could the problem be that I downgraded from OJS 3.1.2 to OJS 3.1.0, and then directly upgraded to OJS 3.1.2? Thank you very much for assistance.

Best regards,
Mohamed Agoor

Have you tried to change db connection in config.inc.php from mysql to mysqli?

@acahya this a reply to you

I Createed the HTML StyleSheet and the Upgrade is Succesfull

Thanks.

Hi,

After upgrading to OJS 3.1.2, I faced with the following problem. I have not found any resolution. If anyone knows what the problem might be, please let me know. Thank you.

Best regards,
Gökmen
Ads%C4%B1z

Mon Mar 11 13:14:30.797732 2019] [php7:warn] [pid 7620:tid 1864] [client ::1:63839] PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in C:\Users\Lenovo.Tm\Documents\UniServerZ\www\ojs\plugins\generic\openAIRE\OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19, referer: http://localhost/ojs/index.php/JPPW
[Mon Mar 11 13:14:30.842655 2019] [php7:warn] [pid 7620:tid 1864] [client ::1:63839] PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in C:\Users\Lenovo.Tm\Documents\UniServerZ\www\ojs\plugins\generic\driver\DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 65, referer: http://localhost/ojs/index.php/JPPW
[Mon Mar 11 13:14:30.856572 2019] [php7:warn] [pid 7620:tid 1864] [client ::1:63839] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in C:\Users\Lenovo.Tm\Documents\UniServerZ\www\ojs\plugins\generic\customBlockManager\CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134, referer: http://localhost/ojs/index.php/JPPW

@asmecher I am trying to install ojs 3.1.2 and having error
This page isn’t working

**** is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I am not upgrading, but installing it on new hosting.
Php version is 7.0, 7.1 ,7.2

Also the error log is empty

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

If you’re getting a 500 error, something should definitely appear in the error log. If it’s empty, you’re probably looking in the wrong file. Check the FAQ entry in this forum about identifying the error log.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team