Error upgrading from 3.0.1 to 3.2..0-1

Good afternoon everyone,

I’m doing the update process from 3.0.1 to 3.2.0-1, but when I click the update button, I get the following error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1

I attach a screenshot

I don’t understand where the error comes from, could someone help me?

Thank you very much to all.

A hug.

Hi @jmbarroso,

Are you able to use the command-line upgrade tool (e.g. via a SSH connection)? If so, I’d suggest restoring your database from backup and trying that; it’ll give more information about where the failure occurs.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Good afternoon @asmecher ,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the ssh connection, but I did a fresh install and got the ojs 3.2.0-1 install perfectly. Thanks for the support.

Now however I have another problem. I don’t know whether to open another new ticket with it, if so, I will do it without problem.

The point is that the user.navigation menu is not being translated, the rest is translated correctly. Is it a known problem? Is there any solution for it? I am working with English, Portuguese and Spanish. Only English shows the translation well.

I leave a screenshot of it:

Thank you very much to all.

Hi @asmecher,

i’m sorry, i didn’t see that i can change the names in the menu, i was looking for in the locale archives.

The problem is solved.

Thank you very much.

1 Like