Error on update from version 2.4.8.4 to 3.3.0.7

Hi,

I want to update my OJS version from 2.4.8.4 to 3.3.0.7, but i’m facing some error after the upgrade installation finish.

First i already set installed = On

So I can access the OJS for upgrading process until this page

But once I click on “Upgrade Open Journal Systems”, it shown HTTP ERROR 500

PHP versions on server i’ll already set it up to PHP 7.3, database connection in config.php was right. But i cannot upgrade the current OJS version to the latest version

Hi @asmahusnaaa,

Do you see any output on your PHP error log that could indicate the issue? If so, could you post it here? Typically that is more helpful than what the browser sees, and can point to the issue that is occurring.

-Roger
PKP Team

Here is the error that shown in error_log file

[20-Jul-2021 20:46:47 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'context_id' in 'on clause' in /home/altsacen/journal.altsacentre.org/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /home/altsacen/journal.altsacentre.org/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(78): PDO->prepare('SELECT v.*\n\t\t\tF...', Array)
#1 /home/altsacen/journal.altsacentre.org/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(361): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->prepare(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression))
#2 /home/altsacen/journal.altsacentre.org/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(664): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression), Array)
#3 /home/altsacen/journal.altsacentre.org/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(631): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQue in /home/altsacen/journal.altsacentre.org/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php on line 671

Thank you for this. I’m not sure exactly what is going on here, but I’ll see if I can get one of our other team members to help when they are available. There are other similar reported errors in some other posts that might be worth taking a look at as well: https://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/search?q=PHP%20Fatal%20error%3A%20%20Uncaught%20PDOException%3A%20SQLSTATE[42S22]%3A%20Column%20not%20found%3A

Best regards,

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi,

I’d like to add a few considerations here.

1. Before any upgrade, please have a full backup of your Journal. In case something goes wrong you will thank yourself for this.

2. My best advice would be upgrading from 2.4 to 3.1 or 3.2 first.

3. After upgrading to 3.1 (or 3.2) you may upgrade to 3.3.

Janio

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.