Error installing last version

Hello!!

Trying to install the last version (3.1.2) with different php versions (7.0.33, 7.1.26, 7.2.14, 7.3.1 and 7.3.3) the next error always appears:

[20-Mar-2019 00:19:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() ojs312/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:456
Stack trace:
#0 www/ojs312/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php(558): ADODB_mysql->_connect(‘localhost’, ‘(removed)’, ‘(removed)’, ‘’)
#1 www/ojs312/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(151): ADOConnection->Connect(‘localhost’, ‘(removed)’, ‘(removed)’, NULL, false)
#2 www/ojs312/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(126): DBConnection->connect()
#3 www/ojs312/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(113): DBConnection->initConn()
#4 www/ojs312/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(55): DBConnection->initCustomDBConnection(‘mysql’, ‘localhost’, ‘(removed)’, ‘(removed)’, NULL, false, ‘utf8’)
#5 www/ojs312/lib/pkp/classes/install/PKPInstall.inc.php(76): DBConnection->__construct(‘mysql’, ‘localhost’, ‘(removed)’, ‘(removed)’, NULL, false, ‘utf8’)
#6 www/ojs312/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(178): PKPInstall->preInstall()
#7 www in www/ojs312/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 456

What is wrong?

Thanks.

Hi @cridum,

Please change your password immediately! Your post included your credentials in the error messages. I’ve removed them above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @cridum,

Do you have included the mysqli library in the php.ini?

Regards, Primož

Hello!

In the php.ini this line:

extension=mysqli

phpinfo shows this:

Thanks!

Hi @cridum,

In the installation form, which database driver have you selected?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thaks for your answer.

First the data that I put in the question are not real (user and password) before to send it I edit they i only put this unreal data because in others forums the answer received is the trvivia “you forget pass and user name” since now I know they are no requeired. Second, i am trying to install the 3.1.2 version in a box with the last version of Debian and in it no MYSQL DBM is soported was replaced for MariaDB, and I need to install the new version of OJS because since two months we are using 3.1.1-4 and the users are facing probllems like the metadata are not saved when they press the bottom for that. Is posible to know what is the enviroment of proof where the new version was installed without errors.

Thanks!!.

Hi @cridum,

What I mean is, what are you entering in the installation form in this drop-down?

db

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Alec, I was using MYSQL in all cases, that was wrong. Now the installation is ok.

Thanks regards.

1 Like