Error in updating OJS 2.4.8-3

Hello,

Our OJS has been upgraded from version 2.3.7 to 2.4.8-1 then updated to version 2.4.8-3.

After the last update 2 of our 78 journals are displaying blank screen and when they were with page access several editions lost texts when I look at the system are corrupted. Follows more information about the error and below the error message.

"When we clear the cache the newspapers stop opening (no error screen), they only re-open when I force page loading with an echo in a variable inside a PHP script. And even opening the newspapers, the old publications are not loaded at all.

Only error appears in the apache log, I already searched the sites and forums and nothing to find the solution. It looks like the system looks for one type of data in the database and searches for another, so it can not load the page completely, I’ve already changed base (test) data types, indexes etc, but the system gives the same error in other lines. "

Error message

[root@www1 paginas]# tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log | grep e-public | grep 5.132
[Thu Mar 08 11:52:22 2018] [error] [client 152.92.5.132] ojs2 has produced an error\n Message: WARNING: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given\n In file: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/submission/Submission.inc.php\n At line: 56\n Stacktrace: \n File: (unknown) line (unknown)\n Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, “array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given”, “/var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/submission/Submission.inc.php”, 56, Array(5))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/submission/Submission.inc.php line 56\n Function: array_keys(“DOI:\xc2\xa0http://dx.doi.org/10.12957/10.12957/rfd.2010.1349”)\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/submission/Submission.inc.php line 247\n Function: Submission->getLocalizedData(“abstract”)\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/cache/t_compile/%%2C^2C1^2C1F000D%%issue.tpl.php line 25\n Function: Submission->getLocalizedAbstract()\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1869\n Function: include("/var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/cache/t_compile/%%2C^2C1^2C1F000D%%issue.tpl.php")\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php line 211\n Function: Smarty->smartyinclude(Array(2))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/cache/t_compile/%%5D^5DD^5DDD4904%%view.tpl.php line 109\n Function: PKPTemplateManager->smartyinclude(Array(2))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1869\n Function: include("/var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/cache/t_compile/%%5D^5DD^5DDD4904%%view.tpl.php")\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php line 211\n Function: Smarty->smartyinclude(Array(2))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/cache/t_compile/%%17^17F^17F04482%%viewPage.tpl.php line 33\n Function: PKPTemplateManager->smartyinclude(Array(2))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1256\n Function: include("/var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/cache/t_compile/%%17^17F^17F04482%%viewPage.tpl.php")\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php line 296\n Function: Smarty->fetch(“issue/viewPage.tpl”, Null, Null, True)\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php line 347\n Function: PKPTemplateManager->fetch(“issue/viewPage.tpl”, Null, Null, True)\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/pages/issue/IssueHandler.inc.php line 99\n Function: PKPTemplateManager->display(“issue/viewPage.tpl”)\n File: (unknown) line (unknown)\n Function: IssueHandler->view(Array(1), Object(Request))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php line 362\n Function: call_user_func(Array(2), Array(1), Object(Request))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 220\n Function: PKPRouter->authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array(2), Object(Request), Array(1), False)\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 134\n Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 178\n Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))\n File: /var/www/html/e-publicacoes/paginas/index.php line 64\n Function: PKPApplication->execute()\n Server info:\n OS: Linux\n PHP Version: 5.3.3\n Apache Version: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)\n DB Driver: postgres\n DB server version: PostgreSQL 8.4.20 on x8664-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4), 64-bit

Hi @Nathalia_Avila,

I would suggest double-checking the file permissions in your cache directory (and all its contents and subdirectories). There’s a FAQ entry in this forum about file permissions. If they are set correctly, you should be able to remove cache/*.php and cache/t_compile/*.php and see them get re-generated as they are needed.

The log entries you’ve posted probably aren’t relevant to the problem you’re having. Your log will likely contain lots of warnings that aren’t relevant, but perhaps also a few errors that are. Try to trigger the blank page situation, then immediately check the error log for details; look for a long entry containing the word “Error”.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I have seen this, it has the same configuration permissions and owners, but there is one thing that intrigues me - the pages / cache / t_cache directory has been empty since the previous version and this one accesses the pages normally.

It may be that for some reason the system is not writing and in the previous version that page did not need to write in the directory mentioned.

Best,
Nathalia Avila
Portal de Publicações Eletrônicas da UERJ

Hi @Nathalia_Avila,

Are you sure that’s the right path? There shouldn’t be a pages/cache/t_cache; there should be a cache/t_cache, and it’s OK if that’s staying empty.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Yes, i’m sure.

Hi @Nathalia_Avila,

There is no pages/cache/t_cache in OJS – I’m not sure where that would’ve come from.

Regards,
Alec Smecher