ERROR: Cannot modify header inforamtion

Hello,

I’m facing a problem with our OJS. In the Error-log i get the following message:

[:error] [pid 4472:tid 816] [client 10.6.10.154:60332] ojs2 has produced an error\n Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Apache24\htdocs\submission\cache\t_compile\%%56^561^5616391A%%minifiedScripts.tpl.php:31)\n In file: C:\Apache24\htdocs\submission\lib\pkp\classes\template\PKPTemplateManager.inc.php\n At line: 342\n Stacktrace: \n Server info:\n OS: WINNT\n PHP Version: 5.6.14\n Apache Version: Apache/2.4.17 (Win64) PHP/5.6.14\n DB Driver: mysql\n DB server version: 5.6.27

So I am not sure how to fix this? It would be great if anybody could give me a hint.
thank you very much.

Btw we are running a windows server.

Hi @lutzbremen,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I’m using OJS 2.4.2.0.

Hi @lutzbremen,

I think that warning message is cosmetic and shouldn’t cause problems in operation. Do you see problems in using OJS, or are you just concerned about the warning message?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hey @asmecher,

thanks for your answer. Yes we are facing the Problem that the OJS/ Apache is crashing very often and thats the only thing I can see in the error-log.

Regards
Lutz Bremen
GESIS Leibnitzinstitute for social sience

Hi @lutzbremen,

I don’t think that warning message is related. Can you describe how OJS/Apache are crashing?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

it is jsut crashing. the Site is not reachable anymore and then i have to restart the services. then it works again.

Hi @lutzbremen,

That sounds to me like a database, Apache, or PHP issue; I don’t think it’s something that OJS is responsible for. You can test this by checking e.g. whether a test PHP script still executes, surveying your various log files, etc. – if you’re stuck and need help distinguishing which service is crashing, you might try posting as many details as you can muster on stackoverflow.com.

Regards,
Alec Smecher