Error about ThemePlugin.inc.php

Hello @asmecher. I followed the steps that mark me in yellow and I continue with the same problem, if you want I give you access to the web.

Hi @gardbeat,

I’m afraid I can’t do that – it’s beyond the bounds of the free support we give. The ThemePlugin.inc.php class does not exist in both places in the OJS package, so something that you’re doing is adding it to the second place as well.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

To what second place should I add it? To see if that is going to be the solution and gives the error because it does not find the file. I’m waiting

Hi @gardbeat,

I’m afraid the issue is still as I described above – your OJS codebase mixes two versions together. The directions posted above should have resolved that. I would suggest double-checking those steps.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher. Hello, I have reviewed every step and put it on the web and continue the same error. Can not there be another solution?

Hi @gardbeat,

If you still have ThemePlugin.inc.php in both locations in your OJS installation, then you must’ve made a mistake in following the instructions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher.

To which two routes refers, to those of previous post? If so, I have them repeated. My question is if that file, I can use a generic one and move it on both paths, to solve the problem. I’m waiting…

Hi @gardbeat,

I’m referring to ThemePlugin.inc.php, which you said earlier was in both lib/pkp/classes/plugins and classes/plugins. It sounds to me like that is still the case.

If your installation of OJS is going to work reliably, it needs to contain only the code for that version, not files from another version mixed in as well. Copying the files from the version you want over top of the installation you’re already using is not going to fix the problem (which is what I suspect you’re doing). Instead, you need to follow the instructions I linked above. If you follow those, you should find that ThemePlugin.inc.php is not in both locations, but only in one.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher. And if I delete in one of them, would solve the problem? Why do you ask me, in what path should the inc.php file be? Thank you. Since I have tried to load the data a third time and the problem is not solved.

Hi @gardbeat,

I’m afraid we’re going in circles. Perhaps you could describe exactly what you’re doing when you follow the directions linked above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher.

Okay. I describe it … 1) I under the OJS version 2.4.7.1. 2) Then I move the folders and files that the document tells me. 3) I enter the web and I get OJS as the first time, I enter the data of the bd (user, key and name). After that, I give it to save and then I get the white screen and with the error I indicated in the first message of the post.

Hi @gardbeat,

Can you describe exactly what you’re doing in that 1st step?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher

I do the following: I release and decompress the OJS.
I move and overwrite the following files / folders:
- config.inc.php
- public folder /
- files_dir folder

Hi @gardbeat,

Are you decompressing OJS into the same place that your current installation already exists?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher.

If so, in the same place. That’s why I told you about overwriting.

Hi @gardbeat,

Yes, this what I have been describing. If you already have code from another version of OJS mixed into your installation, then unpacking the OJS archive over top of it, as you are doing, will not help. The instructions linked above do not recommend what you are doing. They recommend unpacking the OJS files somewhere new, then bringing in only the necessary pieces from the old install, then removing the old installation directory and replacing it entirely with the new installation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher