Enable OJS 3.0.2 Plugins Tip System - HTTP ERROR 500

Dear,

I was having an error while displaying the article page. As I related in OJS 3.0.2: Article Page is displayed without complete data

Several topics pointed to the problem with PLUGINS and then I decided to enable or disable some plugins to try to solve the problem.

It happens that when I enabled all OJS 3.0.2 plugins the whole system crashed, nothing else works and the HTML 500 ERR appears.

Now I can no longer go back to the OJS 3.0.2 admin page to disable the plugins and get back to work.

Nothing else works. I have already tried to reinstall the OJS under the same database and the error remains even after re-installation.

Can someone help me?

Sorted out.

I made a new installation on different folder and database for OJS3. Then I got the original DB settings from the PLUGINS_SETTINGS folder and put it in the old DB. It went back to working with everything unconfigured.

Then I was testing which PLUGIN that generated the HTML 500 error. It was the PLUGIN “Settings RSS Feed Channel”.

Hello, just wanted to describe the problems I went through when having a similar error… maybe it’ll help someone else.

We have an OJS 3.0.2 installation and I was activating a couple of plugins for example the webfeedplugin. I didn’t realize it would be a problem if some of them were not migrated to OJS 3 yet and this resulted in an empty white blank page being displayed - 500 internal server error.

I didn’t want to setup the whole system again so I looked into the database and in the table ‘plugin_settings’ I could disable a few of the plugins (not all were listed in there though). After that I could see the journals webpages on the website again and could log in to the backend and there I could deactivate a couple more plugins.

What still didn’t work was the mainpage which displays the list of journals. From the apache error.log I found:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /var/www/html/ojs/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedPlugin.inc.php on line 98

I checked the database again and there I found:

mysql> SELECT plugin_name,setting_name,setting_value FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name="webfeedplugin";
+---------------+--------------+---------------+
| plugin_name   | setting_name | setting_value |
| webfeedplugin | enabled      | 1             |
| webfeedplugin | displayItems | 1             |
| webfeedplugin | displayPage  | homepage      |
| webfeedplugin | enabled      | 0             |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I don’t know why there are three webplugins (maybe one for each journal?) but one of them was still active as you can see.
With:

mysql: UPDATE plugin_settings SET setting_value='0' WHERE plugin_name='webfeedplugin' AND setting_name='enabled';   

I disabled them all and now the mainpage is working again.

Hi @Sustenere
i dont understand about plugins_settings folder and put it in the old DB.

thanks