Embedded license information in PDF galley

Hello all! I am looking for some more details about embedded CC license information in OJS. I understand that CC licenses are embedded in the metadata if you specify a license in the permissions section, but is this also true for the PDF galley? I’ve tried looking this up, for instance in the getting found manual (https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/getting-found-staying-found/en/getting-found-appendix-1-DOAJ#doaj-seal), but I haven’t found any clear answers.

If this is the case, in what stage of the process is the metadata added? Also, are there any other metadata fields that are added/modified in the PDF?

There isn’t automatic communication between the PDF galleys and the metadata within OJS, except in the case of XML-first publication, where all the editing done in XML, and the HTML and PDF galleys are generated dynamically from the XML and OJS metadata. This is still a work in progress.

Traditionally, the PDF is edited separately and manually and then uploaded to OJS as a galley.

Ok, thank you very much! I presumed this was the case, but I was a bit confused. Looking forward to a future of widespriead XML-first publication :upside_down_face:

Does anyone know a simple way of embedding CC license information in PDFs, perhaps some type of batch solution? Looking for a more user friendly way than the following: XMP help for Adobe applications - Creative Commons