Email Notification Error OJS 3

**Description of issue or problem I’m having:*OJS EMAIL SENT BY THE TIME I DO NOT SEND EMAIL OR AUTOMATED EMAIL NOTIFICATION …

CONFIG SETTING AND I HAVE THE FOLLOWING EMAIL BUT WILL STILL NOT WORKING …

PLEASE HELP . THANK YOU*

Steps I took leading up to the issue:

*What I tried to resolve the issue:
[email]

; Use SMTP for sending mail instead of mail()

; smtp = On

; SMTP server settings

smtp_server = my email

smtp_port = 25

; Force the default envelope sender (if present)

; This is useful if setting up a site-wide noreply address

; The reply-to field will be set with the reply-to or from address.

; force_default_envelope_sender = Off

; Enable SMTP authentication

; Supported mechanisms: PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5

smtp_auth = PLAIN

smtp_username = “myemail”

smtp_password = “password”*

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

Hi @im_destra,

Can you please explain your problem in more detail - I don’t quite understand it. Also, can you please indicate your specific version of OJS (e.g. 3.3.0-6), as this often important in troubleshooting these types of issues.

-Roger
PKP Team

I’m using OJS version 3.2.1.1. I have a problem when the user registers to the journal no email is sent and when we send the review results to the author’s email it cannot be sent. I have followed several ways but no result. Please help. Thank you

Hi @im_destra,

Thanks for clarifying. You may want to have a look at our documentation on configuring and troubleshooting email in OJS here: Email

If you review this and do not find a solution to your problem, please check your PHP error logs and post any relevant error messages here - that may help to identify the issue.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi @im_destra,

I see you’ve set smtp = On – but the semicolon at the start of that line comments it out, so none of the following settings do anything. Remove that semicolon.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Which SMTP Port Should I Use? Ports 25, 465, & 587. Pls

InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-09-23 at 14.46.25_LI

Hi @im_destra,

You’ll have to check your hosting provider’s documentation for those details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.