Email not delivering working on ocs

Good Day,

I discovered email are not more being delivered to recipient and notifications email for new registration and submission of abstracts no longer getting to the recipient.

I appreciate further help on this

Regards

Hi @buffstical,

These are likely getting trapped by a spam filter, unless your mail configuration has changed. The best way to debug is to find a spam-filtered message and check its headers, or failing that, check your mail server’s sending log if that’s available.

For OJS and OMP, we’ve adapted to SPF (Sender Protection Framework) requirements, which are becoming more important on many mail servers. However, we haven’t ported this to OCS. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8085 for the OJS code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks,

I have check the log, can I send the log to you as email to check because of security reasons?

Thanks

Hi @buffstical,

I would suggest posting it publicly if you can remove any identifying pieces, in order to help others debug if they hit the same problem. Otherwise, you can send it to me via a personal message using this forum.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @buffstical,

The message you’re getting is…

“SENT: 535
Authentication failed. Restarting authentication process.”

I’d suggest checking your SMTP credentials and security configuration in config.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi asmecher

I have sent you my SMTP and Security settings to your email to check if its okay

Thanks

Hi @asmecher ,

Any preview when you going to port this code on OCS?

Hi @Israel87,

We don’t have concrete plans for the next OCS release, unfortunately. I would suggest configuring OCS to use something like a gmail SMTP service, since that will automatically rewrite the sender address to conform to SPF policies. See here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Using_gmail_SMTP

Regards,
Alec Smecher