Email header variables in OMP 1.2

Hi,

I am (still) a bit confused about the email header variables.

I have two versions (on different installations)

1. The following message is being delivered on behalf of {$contextName}
  2. The following message is being delivered on behalf of {$senderName}

Can they both (still) be used?

$contextName seems to be resolved correctly in all emails.

$senderName is correctly resolved in e.g. in Submission Ack emails, but not e.g. in the Password Reset Confirm emails, assumingly because there is no user. Since we prefer to use the $senderName variable, we would be glad if you could add some fall back there.

Besides, $siteTitle is not resolved in the Password Reset mails, but this hardly noticeable because the variable is not displayed and the sentence also makes sense without it.

best,
Carola

Hi @carola,

{$contextName} is one of the variables that will always be available; {$senderName} is available only for certain emails. The trouble with making {$senderName} globally available is that there won’t always be a human being sending the message – e.g. password resets, automatic reminders, etc.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

couldn’t there be a fall back in cases where there is no user? Best would be if senderName would be resolved to contextName in those cases.

best,
Carola

Hi @carola,

We’re trying to keep email variables present only when they’re totally relevant – I’d suggest keeping that as a local modification if you need it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team