Editing before review

Dear Colleagues,
We have just transferred our journal methods, data, analyses (mda.gesis.org) to OJS (but have not yet used the new version 3). Now I have a question. There was submitted an article where I still have to change the cover page with the author’s name before it can be passed to the section editor and then to the reviewers. Now I do not know how I can save the modified article under OJS. It is always only locally stored on my computer. For a reply, I would be grateful, because I could not find a reference in the manual.
Best regards
Sabine Häder
Managing editor mda

Hi @Sabine,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this with your posts.)

Are you trying to change the data in e.g. a word document? You’ll need to save the changed document somewhere handy on your local computer, then re-upload it into OJS. (The details will depend on what version of OJS you’re using.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec,
we are currently using OJS 2.4.8.2. The submission is a Word document. Could you please tell me the details on how to upload the changed file?
Thank you very much for your help.
Regards
Sabine

As Editor, look at the submission’s Review page. You should see an upload control called “Upload a revised Review Version”. Here is where you can select and upload the revised file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you, I found it out. It is our first submission via OJS and I still have to learn a lot…
Best wishes
Sabine