[OJS 3.1.1.4] Edit Review - notification email sent to support contact

Hello, the platform I oversee uses OJS 3.1.1.4. I deal with the system side of things, so I am the ‘support contact’. I noticed a few emails come in to the support email recently that I don’t recognise, see screenshot Issue%20review%20edit

The email was triggered by the editor changing the review end time in the Edit review screen. Edit%20review

So I’m thinking this must be a bug, as I would expect the email to go to the reviewer to inform them of the change, and not to the support contact email address. I also couldn’t see this email in the prepared email list.

Best wishes,

It would be great if someone could look into this for us, this is continuing to happen so I’d like to get back to the journal with an update.

Hi @Kyle,

I suspect this is already fixed as of OJS 3.1.2 (as part of Remove author notification for changed review assignments by ajnyga · Pull Request #3985 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub). I’d recommend upgrading to the latest release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for replying @asmecher,

That’s good to know, we plan on upgrading later this year, so fingers crossed this is fixed in 3.1.2.

Best,