Duplicate email templates

HI,
I had some trouble with the last update that I finally got worked out. Everything seems fine except for the email templates. They have retained their customization, but have duplicated themselves. I have three of each email template showing up. Is there a safe and easy way to get rid of the duplicates?
Thanks!

Hi @sheardln,

What software are you using, what version did you upgrade from, what version did you upgrade to?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry I was a little vague. I am using OJS with two journals. I upgraded to 2.4.8.0.
thanks Alec!

Hi @sheardln,

What version did you upgrade from?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I started having trouble with 2.4.6 but I went from that to 2.4.7 and then 2.4.8 in the end. So it appeared to update sequentially.

Hi @sheardln,

Hmm, strange. Can you send me a private message with a link to a database dump?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @sheardln,

At a glance, it looks like there are duplicate entires for email templates in the email_templates_default table. There should be a single entry only per template.

The upgrade process shouldn’t cause this; the only recent upgrade step that affects this table is the selective installation of a few new email templates for added features. We don’t have any other reports of mass duplication of email templates there, and it didn’t turn up during our own testing, so I don’t think that’s the cause.

I suspect something happened that’s peculiar to your system – maybe you were experimenting with importing emails from XML or something similar?

In any case, the solution is to remove the duplicates from the email_templates_default table, leaving one entry per email template. If you’re not handy with SQL, then a tool like phpMyAdmin may help.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks Alec,
It does seem to be a very odd problem - and most likely a one off result of
something that happened when I was working on fixing the upgrade when it
failed the first time. I definitely was not intentionally importing
anything or creating new. I will delete the duplicates in the mysql table
and hope it doesn’t happen again.
Thanks for taking a look!
Lisa