"Download and Review" dropdown lists are empty in Review in 3.0.1

Hi,

As you can see in the image attached, the dropdown lists on “Download and Review” tab (stage 3) are all empty and reviewer can not proceed to the next stage.

Hi @salehig,

That looks like a custom review form. Have you created options for the form? Is that form one that came along with an OJS 2.x to 3.x upgrade, or were they created in 3.x?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

It has come along with 2.4.6.

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

What specific version of OJS 3.x did you upgrade to? (Please include version information with your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I upgraded from 2.4.6 to 3.0.1.

Are custom Review Forms created in older versions supposed to be migrated with no problem to 3.0.1?
This is how the bottom the same page looks like:

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

Would you be willing to provide me with an OJS 2.x (pre-upgrade) database dump, and the ID of the submission (and username of the reviewer) you’re seeing this happen with?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Yes I can do that. Is there any email address I can send it through?

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @asmecher,

Just checking if you have received the email?

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

Yes – what is the ID of the submission (and username of the reviewer) you’re seeing this happen with?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I emailed those to you. Thanks heaps.

Hi @salehig,

Another user reported a similar behavior with dropdowns and I was able to track it down. See Dropdown controls in review forms present the wrong options · Issue #2215 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for details. Find the patch for the ojs-stable-3_0_1 branch and apply it in your lib/pkp subdirectory.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks heaps. I will try that.

Hi @asmecher,

We tested it. The dropdown issue is solved now, however The radio buttons are still not being displayed properly. Please refer to the latest snapshot above.

Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

I believe that’s fix migration problem with multilingual review forms #1782 by ajnyga · Pull Request #1172 · pkp/ojs · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks @asmecher. So just to confirm if I have upgraded already, modifying lib/pkp/templates/form/radioButton.tpl
{$FBV_label|escape} → {$FBV_label.content|escape}
would fix it. (I tested it, the form looks fine now)

And if I have not upgraded yet, modifying upgrade.inc.php:

would fix it. (do I need to have above change as well?)

We have a couple journal instances.

Best Regards
Ghazal