DOIs don't appear in OMP

Dear all,

I am looking at the OMP 3.1.0. I have set up the DOI plugin, as far as I understand correctly. Just a few snapshots of settings:

I have assigned manually (as set up) the DOI for a book:

The problem is that the DOI is not visible on the page:

I would expect the DOI is visible somewhere but I don’t find it anywhere. Can you please help?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

If you have enabled the DOI plugin and assigned a DOI to the monograph, it should display on the catalog page. There is no special setting to make the DOI display. Maybe try clearing your cache and reloading the page?

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @astevens Thank you for a fast response. Unfortunately as you can see there is no DOI :frowning: https://omp.zrc-sazu.si/zalozba-zrc/catalog/book/2

Can you please let me know:

• if you can confirm from the screenshots that the DOI plugin is configured correctly,

• if you can confirm from the screenshots that the DOI is assigned to the monograph correctly

If not:

• can you please let me know what should I sent to you so that you confirm above correct or

• please let me know what I have done wrong or is still missing

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

Slashes “/” shouldn’t be used in DOIs. You should something else, such as dots or underscores. We strongly suggest that you use the plugin’s default patterns to generate your DOIs because that limits this kind of issues.

You also need to submit your DOIs for registration to CrossRef. Have you done that? There is no CrossRef plugin for OMP which does this automatically so you will have to do it manually.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

Hi @astevens,

Actually the first slash is set by the plugin itself. However I have changed the DOI suffix that is now without slashes:

but that doesn’t help. There is no DOI on the monograph page:

Any other idea?

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

With automatically generated DOIs, the DOI doesn’t get assigned until the first time that the object is accessed publicly. I’m not sure exactly how this works with manually assigned DOIs, but it could be that the DOI won’t appear on the public page for the book until a user has accessed the book. I noticed that you haven’t posted a file for the book yet and so no one has publicly accessed it yet.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

Hi @astevens
I have now uploaded a PDF and it doesn’t help, there are no DOIs.

Further on I changed the settings so that DOI is enabled for everything and automatically generated:

Two DOIs have been generated, for the book and for the PDF:

But nothing on the WEB (https://omp.zrc-sazu.si/zalozba-zrc/catalog/book/2):

Any idea how to proceed?

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

try to manually set a publication date for the PDF (in Catalog Entry). In our installation, you need to add one otherwise the DOI will not be shown. As far as I now, DOIs can also only be regististered if they have a publication date.

best,
Carola

2 Likes

Hi @carola,

Thank you very much. That has been exactly the problem. After adding the publication date, the DOI appeared.

Best regards, Primož