DOI plugin access denied error

Hello everyone
I have successfully installed and running OJS on my system. My problem is that anytime i try configuring and saving my DOI pluggin setting i get an access denied error popup. I checked the user roles of the account am using and its also set to Journal Manager (JM) which i presume is the main administrator privilege.
Can anyone here help me with a solution. Thank You

Hi @amponsa,

I suspect something on your server (probably mod_security) is mistakenly preventing your request from being received by OJS, thinking that it’s an attempt to break into the server. Check your server’s logs for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for your reply. I disabled mod_security for the related domain but i still cant save the DOI settings. It still returns an access denied error message.

Hi @amponsa,

That response isn’t coming from OJS – there must be something else on your server intervening before OJS has a chance to receive the request.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

The OJS that i installed has two journals on it. The other journal has its DOI settings configured with any issues but this other one is just giving me headaches. Can you suggest any solutions ? is it possible to export the content of a journal from one server to another ??

Hi @amponsa,

Are you having problems other than the “Access Denied” pop-up, or just that issue? Can you post a screenshot of the pop-up?

Regards,
Alec Smecher