DOI issue (OJS 3.2.1.3.)

Good day to you all,

We are having a problem since we upgraded OJS. In Publication>Identifiers, it shows a note: “You can not generate a DOI until this publication has been assigned to an issue”, but we can not assign a publication without schedule it (and then we can not modify the metadata), neither we are given the choice of generate it later, even when the issue is already published or creating a new version of it. This is specially strange due to the fact that other very old issues with no DOI, in fact do let us assign a DOI (creating a new version). It can not be a config. problem because I already checked the plugin and all seems okay to me.

Also, the fact that all the publication is blocked after publishing gives us some problems because if we have to correct any mistake, even a comma, we have to create a new version while with older versions of OJS, none would have noticed the change.

How can I resolve it?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Hi @Almar93 ,

I believe you are having the same issue as explained already here: [OJS 3.2.1.1] You can not generate a DOI until this publication has been assigned to an issue

Regards, Primož