Does the US government use OJS?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here knew if the US government uses OJS (no specific site) as I only found one.

If you have information and/or US government sites that use OJS I would be happy if you would share it with me

Thanks in advance,

Good day,

The OSTP report on funding of open access publishing that was produced in nov 2023 lists several diamond open access journals, including NOAA’s Fishery Bulletin, the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences’ (NIEHS) Environmental Health Perspectives, CDC’s Emerging Infectious Diseases, and NIST’s Journal of Research of the National Institute of Standards and Technology. NIEHS also has Journal of Health and Pollution.

Journal publishing typically breaks into three pieces: 1) submission and review, 2) production and editing, and 3) hosting. NOAA uses clarivate scholarone for submissions, and NIEHS uses Aries systems. CDC uses scholarone. NIST ceased publication in 2021. It’s unclear what they use for editing and production, but probably the same thing as what they use for submission. As far as I can tell, the government journals are all hosted on .gov sites (without OJS). I cannot find a US government journal that runs on OJS, but there may be journals run by other governments. There are probably also state universities that publish journals.

1 Like

It’s possible that some site is hosted on a non .gov site, but none of the journals listed in the list of sites using OJS ends in .gov. I found one with a google search, but that is no longer active. There are several that are run on domains for other governments.