Does OJS 3.1.x allow archiving a paper that is not going to be published?

I am currently using OJS 2.4.5.0 and am looking at upgrading to 3.1.x.

A feature I found useful was archiving a submission without going through review – this was good for papers too poor our out of scope to review and for withdrawn papers. I can’t find this feature in 3.1.2.0 – the only option seems to be to reject.

I would prefer not to reject for papers that don’t go through review – particularly not papers that are withdrawn – as I would like the stats to reflect the rejects as papers that have failed review. Am I missing something?

Hi @SACJ_Editor,

Thank you for your question. In OJS 3.x, there’s just a “Decline” decision. This will take the submission out of the active lists.

Once archived the interface does have a way to filter at which stage the manuscript was archived and can be used to adjust the statistics to remove rejected papers.

Snip20190612_6 Snip20190612_5

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Intern

Thanks – I do not however want to remove papers but keep a record of all submissions even those archived without review.

Hi @SACJ_Editor,

The papers will not be removed from the system simply the Active window. The paper and all its details will still be available in the Archive window.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Intern