Do we need a button "Upload"?

Hi,
I wonder why it is necessary to click on the Upload button in the review steps 5, because these button some reviewers overlooked when they upload a file with comments.
Reviewers often fill in peer review form and brows a file but forget to click on upload button. Once they click on Submit Review To Editor button, they cannot go back to add file.
Is there any particular reason for that?

Regards,
Jože

Hi @aas,

Typically reviewers either upload a file or submit a comment, and if neither is in place then OJS will warn them before permitting them to submit the review. It sounds like some of your users do both – upload a file as well as enter a text review – and in that case it’s possible for them to forget to click “Upload” without receiving a warning from OJS.

It’s possible to check the upload using Javascript to ensure that a file hasn’t been chosen but not uploaded. You’d need to edit templates/reviewer/submission.tpl and change the existing conditions on the form submission control.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Thanks for the reply.
In the next version OJS I suggest to edit templates/reviewer/submission.tpl and change the existing conditions on the form submission control.
I do not have the knowledge to change what you have suggested.

Regards,
Jože