Display all roles to the user in "View Profile" page?

Hi,

Is there a way for a user to see all its roles?
Indeed, it’s possible for a user in the “View Profile” section to view and manage 3 roles: Reader, Author, Reviewer but not the others. Our journals think it could be useful that a user could see its other roles even if they are read-only and he couldn’t manage them such as: manager, editor, etc.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards.
Helene

Hi @hcl,

It sounds like you’re asking about OJS. What version are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

We are using OJS 3.1.1-1.
Here is a screenshot of the “View Profile” page.
roles_OJS311-1

This template is used for this page:
/lib/pkp/templates/user/userGroupSelfRegistration.tpl

And we can see that only $readerUserGroups, $authorUserGroups and $reviewerUserGroups are called.

I understand that there are only those 3 roles than the user can manage. But it would be interested for the user to see also the other roles he belongs to: Journal Manager, Journal Editor, Section Editor, etc. even if they are not manageable by himself and if they are in read-only mode.

Thanks again for your answer.

Best regards.
Helene

Hi Helene,

No, it is not currently possible for a user to view all the roles they have in the system. I agree it should be displayed.

Hi @NateWr,

So it might be on a list of features to be considered ?

Best regards.
Helene

Yes, I think we’d be open to adding this.

Hi @NateWr,

I would like to know if you planed to add this feature in a next release of OJS ? Is there an issue open for this request ?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards.
Helene

Hi @hcl,

I found an issue filed for this feature here:

https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/2579

However, it doesn’t look like it is scheduled against a milestone. So it is unlikely to be included in the next release of OJS.

Hi @NateWr,

2 years later, when I read this issue 2579, that returns to an other issue 3313 and both are closed. Does it mean this feature will never scheduled against a milestone ?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards.
Helene

Hi Helene,

Issue #2579 is still open. The other issue was closed just because it was a duplicate of #2579. That one is not yet scheduled against a milestone but that doesn’t mean it never will be.

Hi again @NateWr,

I am full of hope.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards.
Helene