Disable sending mail authors by default OJS 3.0.2

How to disable OJS 3.0.2 to send mail to author after submission and when issue is published?

Thanks

I tried to find solution to that problem and I have done the following:
In the list of e-mail templates i disabled Submission Ack. I found that Publish Notify was not possible to disable since the checkbox was grayed. I went to database and found column in which there was defined that it was not able to disable it. I entered ! instead of 0 and went back to OJS and seen that it is possible now to disable it and disabled it.
I made one test submission and system did not send me confirmation mail about accepted submission.
But, when I made test issue with one test article and published it the system sent me mail although I disabled Publish Notify.
Please advise.
Thanks

Hello,

If I understood it right - the published issue email is natural because the Publish Notify template isn’t working, so you actually didn’t disabled it. It’s the notification email that is sent when an issue is published.

Best regards

IN PUblish Issue I see the following message:
Readers:

{$contextName} has just published its latest issue at {$contextUrl}. We invite you to review the Table of Contents here and then visit our web site to review articles and items of interest.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,
{$editorialContactSignature}

In Notification message is see this:
You have a new notification from {$siteTitle}:

{$notificationContents}

Link: {$url}

{$principalContactSignature}
Thus I guess that Publish Notify should be the message that is sent after issue is published.
Do you have any technical example that makes sure that Notification is the right one?

Thanks

Hello,

The contents of the Publish Notify and Notification templates, are as you pasted here. But, when you publish an issue, it is the Notification template that is sent, not the Publish Notify. It should be this one, but for these releases it is not a functional feature.

Best regards

Hello, I changed can_disable to 1 in email_templates_default and disabled Notification in journal. We will soon publish one issue and I will check whether it works or not to disable notification in that way.

Thanks