Deprecated and Fatal error

Hi there

I am using OJS 2.4 or 3.1, I can’t be sure because when I try to check and access the website it appears as a blank page with the only words:

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::defineExposedConstant()should not be called statically in /home/SAIMM/www/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 545

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::defineExposedConstant()should not be called statically in /home/SAIMM/www/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 513

Fatal error: Cannot use ‘String’ as class name as it is reserved in /home/SAIMM/www/www/lib/pkp/classes/core/string.inc.php on line 57

I have no idea what the abovementioned means nor what a PHP is?

How do I fix this? Please help.

Regards

Kelly

This message likely indicates that you are running OJS 2.4 with PHP 7.x.

You will need to upgrade to OJS 2.4.8-5 or OJS 3.1.2 or later to run with PHP 7.x. As a temporary workaround you could ask your system administrator or hosting provider to downgrade PHP to 5.x, but this version of PHP is no longer supported.

I have replaced version of PHP. Now I have installed PHP 7.4.29. Till I am gettng error.
Can I upgrade OJS 2.4.8 to latest version?
Can you please guide me to do this?

We do recommend upgrading from OJS 2.x to a current supported release (e.g. OJS 3.3 at the time of writing). You can find the upgrade guide here:
https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/upgrading-ojs-2-to-3/en/