Deleting submissions in ojs 3.0

I spotted that when I delete a submission, it’s folder (artrticles[number of the submission]) is completely removed, also a record regarding this submission in the database in table submissions is deleted.

Is there (and where) any recording about deleted submission?

Thank you,
Anna

Hi @ania,

If you fully delete an article, it will be totally removed. If you want to e.g. decline an article and leave its record intact, just decline the submission as an editorial decision and do not delete it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you @asmecher,

I have one more question:
testing OJS 3.0, we made 8 submissions, submissions number 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 were deleted, we only left submission 4, 7 and 8.
Then, I checked the table submissions in the data base and there are six rows (records) in that table: for submissions 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8. So, when does OJS remove a record from submissions table in the data base (what condition has to be fulfilled)?

Anna

Hi @ania,

OJS only deletes a submission when you explicitly tell it to. Normally you wouldn’t do this – you’d want the submission to remain as part of the editorial record, and it would be accessible to the Editor under the “Archive” area.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec first of all sorry if I send my request in reply to this topic but I think it is related to this matter.
So my OJS version is OJS 2.4.3.0. I should delete many archived submissions that are not of our interest now and in the list of the archived submission it is possible to delete just a single submission at a time. Is there some way to select more submissions in the page at the same time so to delete them togheter in a single step? I tried to click the Delete link with the right button of the mouse or to do that while I press the Ctrl button but it doesn’t work.
Thank you very much for your kind reply,
Francesco

Hi @frk,

There’s also a command-line tool in recent 2.x and 3.x releases (not sure about something older like 2.4.3) called tools/deleteSubmissions.php that’ll allow for quicker batch deletions; there isn’t currently anything like that available through the web interface.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

helo why i can’t delete my submission??, my roles is author why

Hello @Badak_Marah47,

Can you please create a new post describing your issue in more detail? This is an older post and may not be actively monitored.

-Roger
PKP Team