DB problem after upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.1.1

After upgrading form 3.0.2 to 3.1.1 I cannot start and I get the following message:

DB Error: Table ‘xxx.navigation_menu_items’ doesn’t exist

What can I do?

Thanks

Hi @Erick,

Have you run the database upgrade step documented in docs/UPGRADE?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Ooops sorry.
Now I ran the upgrade through web interface (http://domain/aeet-rel2/index.php/rel/install/installUpgrade) but the process desn’t complete, page stay in blank and in the log there are a lot of errors like:

01-Jun-2018 10:29:05 Europe/Madrid] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of LensGalleyPlugin::register() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel2/plugins/generic/lensGalley/LensGalleyPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[01-Jun-2018 10:29:05 Europe/Madrid] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel2/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[01-Jun-2018 10:29:05 Europe/Madrid] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of InstallHandler::validate() should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel2/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 0
[01-Jun-2018 10:29:05 Europe/Madrid] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::isPost() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel2/lib/pkp/classes/form/validation/FormValidatorPost.inc.php on line 38
[01-Jun-2018 10:29:05 Europe/Madrid] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel2/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 396
[01-Jun-2018 10:29:05 Europe/Madrid] PHP Fatal error: Class PKPNlm30MetadataPlugin contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (MetadataPlugin::supportsFormat, MetadataPlugin::getSchemaObject) in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel2/lib/pkp/plugins/metadata/nlm30/PKPNlm30MetadataPlugin.inc.php on line 22

Hi @Erick,

Did you unpack the OJS 3.1.1 files over top of the 3.0.2 files? If so, you’ll have a mix of the two versions. It’s better to unpack the 3.1.1 files into a new directory. See docs/UPGRADE for directions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I did this way and it works.

Thanks

Hi @asmecher, (and sorry for reviving) I also unpacked over… and now the Plugins-Page in the administration will not load (the rest of the site seems to work normal). The error-ssl.log shows:

PHP Fatal error:  Class PKPNlm30MetadataPlugin contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (MetadataPlugin::supportsFormat, MetadataPlugin::getSchemaObject) in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/plugins/metadata/nlm30/PKPNlm30MetadataPlugin.inc.php on line 0

The regarding folders in the plugins/metadata are all from the newer 3.1.2 but the nlm30 folder is half a year older. To solve, can I just delete the folder (and also citationLookup/ and citationParser/ ) and then use php tools/upgrade.php upgrade anew?

Now the funny thing is, that on our testserver running the same setup this problem does not arise. The only difference I can see there is the date of the folders in plugins/ and plugins/metadata are all the same date (from when the cloning was done).

Hi @CEubt,

It’s best not to unpack the new version over top of the old one. Check the instructions in docs/UPGRADE (or docs/UPGRADE.md) under “Full Package”.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher ,

yes yes, I know from your post directly above. I wanted to know how to solve the problem I was describing. Just delete the two or three old plugin folders and do the php tools/upgrade.php upgrade again?
Thank you.

Hi @CEubt,

I don’t believe you would need to run the upgrade script again, just to clean up the extra files left over after unpacking new code over old.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher ,

simply deleting the three old plugin folders did the trick. I did not have to run the update script.
Thank you!

Hi, I’ve the same problem.
How can I know which plugin folder to remove?