DB Errors after upgrade from OJS 3.1.0.1 to OJS 3.1.1.0

when i run upgrade.php, i get the following:

[pre-install]
[load: upgrade.xml]
[version: 3.1.1.1]

[code: Installer Installer::checkPhpVersion]
ERROR: Upgrade failed: ##installer.unsupportedPhpError##

and trying from web to upgrade db:

ethod Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 149

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 151

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 153

Deprecated: Non-static method VersionCheck::getCurrentCodeVersion() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/MaintenanceForm.inc.php on line 37

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 369

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php:149) in /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 867

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php:149) in /home3/ssciberras/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 868

##context.current##
##common.openJournalSystems##
##installer.appInstallation##
##installer.installationInstructions## ##installer.preInstallationInstructionsTitle##
##installer.preInstallationInstructions##
##installer.administratorAccount##
##installer.administratorAccountInstructions##

I am using an umodified extract OJS 3.1.1-1 version, copied config, /public and /files.

Did upgrade tool, both via CLI, and though web.

I had to update the child theme, but then Administration > System Information keeps showing:

Current version: 3.1.0.1 (February 23, 2018 - 07:44 PM)

And clicking on any link on index page causes:
DB Error: Unknown column ‘submission_id’ in ‘where clause’

The only thing left for me is to re-install OJS from the beginning? inlcuding Database?

Hi @ssciberras,

I would suggest working with the command-line upgrade tool, but double-check what PHP version that is – it sounds like it’s too old for OJS. You might need to check around on your server to see whether there’s another (newer) version of the PHP command-line binary also installed. If so, you’d probably need to specify its path manually when running the upgrade tool, e.g.:

/specific/path/to/php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

With the upgrade process, you’ll need to restore your database (and, if crossing from 2.x to 3.x, files directory) from backup before trying again. A failed upgrade will leave your database stranded between two versions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

OK, managed finally to upgrade.

The problem was my hosting service. Webhosting was on PHP 5.6+, but the default CLI still used 5.4. HAd to dig out the directory to php 5.6

However, now the Submissions tabs are all blank!!!

Stephen

EDIT: Scratch that, somehow the submissions are working. I logged in as another user to check, and when I logged out back into my account, things works again