DB Error: Table 'ojs.journals' doesn't exist

Hi during first installation I get the error above before getting to the installation page. I am on Mac High Sierra and ojs version 3

verbose:

Query: SELECT * FROM journals WHERE path = ‘Users’ failed. Table ‘ojs.journals’ doesn’t exist
1146: Table ‘ojs.journals’ doesn’t exist

ADOConnection._Execute(SELECT * FROM journals WHERE path = ‘Users’) % line 1032, file: [adodb.inc.php](file://users/konradschlatte/ojs_journal/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php) ADOConnection.Execute(SELECT * FROM journals WHERE path = ‘Users’, Array[1]) % line 100, file: [DAO.inc.php](file://users/konradschlatte/ojs_journal/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php) DAO.retrieve(SELECT * FROM journals WHERE path = ?, Users) % line 143, file: [ContextDAO.inc.php](file://users/konradschlatte/ojs_journal/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/context/ContextDAO.inc.php) ContextDAO.getByPath(Users) % line 251, file: [PKPRouter.inc.php](file://users/konradschlatte/ojs_journal/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php) PKPRouter.getContext(Object:Request, 1) % line 878, file: [PKPRequest.inc.php](file://users/konradschlatte/ojs_journal/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php)

Hi @schlattk

Is the “installed” configuration option in config.inc.php set to On? It should be “Off”.

Cheers,

Hi @jnugent - yes it’s off, I haven’t changed that I have changed the database options. If I use the original settings I get a different error:

The server requested authentication method unknown to the client

Hi Konrad,

I must admit, I am unable to truly test your configuration because I don’t have a Mac handy, but do you have any experience installing OJS on a more traditional LAMP install?

In a normal situation, with install set to “off” you shouldn’t be getting any database activity at all. You should be getting redirected to the installer side of OJS, where you enter your db credentials, etc. If that redirection isn’t happening, perhaps there is an Apache config issue. Anything in the server logs?

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,
Ok yes that’s what I thought as well, and no unfortunately this is the first time I’ m using this application. I’m actually running this with the php server php -S localhost:8000, should I be running the server differently?
best
Konrad

Hi Konrad,

I’m not really sure what that command gives you for a runtime environment. In the past, when I’ve run OJS on a Mac I’ve used XAMPP: XAMPP Installers and Downloads for Apache Friends

Cheers,