Datacite metadata kernel version

We experience some issue when registering our journal articles with DataCite. Namely the entry for resourceType has been updated in the current DataCite metadata kernel 4.4:

OJS exports <resourceType resourceTypeGeneral="Text">Article</resourceType>
While the current core expects <resourceType resourceTypeGeneral="JournalArticle"/>

We use OJS 3.3.0.8.
Where can I find which DataCite kernel is applied by this version, and if any updates are planned in this regard? Or maybe this is already changed in OJS 3.3.13?

Yours

Felix

Hi @felixhelix,

Hmmm… Yes, we are supporting kernel 4, i.e. http://schema.datacite.org/meta/kernel-4/metadata.xsd (in 3.3.0.8 as well in the current 3.3.0.13 – no changes). However, we sometimes do not get all the changes on time… :-
I see that the new resourceTypes are added… but the current XML <resourceType resourceTypeGeneral="Text">Article</resourceType> should be valid (according to the schema).
Thus, could you please tell me what is the exact consequence i.e. do you get an error or ?

EDIT: we will consider it in this issue: Consider new resourceType JournalArticle in DataCite XML · Issue #8587 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. It should then be available in the next 3.3.0.14, that will be released very soon, in a few days…

Thanks!
Bozana

Thanks @bozana!

I will see if I can patch our OJS once the Update with the changes is published :slight_smile:

We don’t get an error when submitting the articles, but they are not distinguished from other text types by Datacite. Attached you find a photo from the datacite fabrica filter, where you can see that there are some submissions marked as “Journal Article” and some as “Text”. But among those listed as “Text” some are OJS journal articles as well. This messes up our statistics.

Yours,

Stephan Henn
datacite_fabrica

Hi @felixhelix,

Thanks a lot!
The changes are merged and you can apply them, if you would like, s. pkp/pkp-lib#8587 Consider new resourceType JournalArticle in DataCite… by bozana · Pull Request #3733 · pkp/ojs · GitHub.

Best,
Bozana