Database upgrade error ojs 2.4.8 to 3.0.2

When we try to upgrade i am getting the following errors one by one.

1. A database error has occurred: Table “zooreach_ojs.signoffs” doesn’t exist
  2. A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘defaultthemeplugin-0-enabled’ for key ‘plugin_settings_pkey’
  3. A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘defaultthemeplugin-1-enabled’ for key ‘plugin_settings_pkey’
  4. A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘themePluginPath-’ for key ‘site_settings_pkey’

Please help me do the upgrade.

Hi @latha_ojs,

I wonder if you’re running an upgrade on an installation that has already experienced a failed upgrade. Try restoring your 2.4.8 database and files area from a backup before you first tried the OJS 3.x upgrade, and try again; post the error messages you receive. A failed upgrade will leave your database and files area in an indeterminate state.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I tried to upgrade OJS 2.4.8.1 to OJS 3.0.2 and received the errors>

A database error has occurred: Table ‘issue_galleys_stats_migration’ already exists

In error log I found>

[18-Jul-2017 16:27:53 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/README/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 224
[18-Jul-2017 16:27:53 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/README/READMEOaiMetadataFormatsPlugin.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 233
[18-Jul-2017 16:27:54 Europe/Belgrade] Table ‘issue_galleys_stats_migration’ already exists
[18-Jul-2017 16:28:02 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/README/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 224
[18-Jul-2017 16:28:02 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/README/READMEOaiMetadataFormatsPlugin.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 233
[18-Jul-2017 16:28:02 Europe/Belgrade] Table ‘issue_galleys_stats_migration’ already exists

I did two upgrade on other domain without errors, but here I receive it. What I did? From old domain delete all files expect the public file, config.inc.php, index.php and copy there OJS 3.0.2 without mentioned files. Than update the database. Last two domains passed withour errors, but now is the problem. What can I do to solve this problem and upgrade to OJS 3.0.2?

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

I don’t think that’s related to the original thread here – could you post it as a new topic?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec Smecher,

I tried nearly 5 times and getting the same error messages. Every time I am restoring my old data base and files from my backup but again same error comes. Two times i got internal server also.

The errors I am getting are:

1. A database error has occurred: Table “zooreach_ojs.signoffs” doesn’t exist
  2. A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘defaultthemeplugin-0-enabled’ for key ‘plugin_settings_pkey’
  3. A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘defaultthemeplugin-1-enabled’ for key ‘plugin_settings_pkey’
  4. A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘themePluginPath-’ for key ‘site_settings_pkey’

with regards
Latha G. Ravikumar
Zoo Outreach Organisation

Hi @latha_ojs,

Are you using the web-based upgrade tool? If so, try the command-line upgrade tool instead. Please post the full output from that process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher