CustomLocalePlugin Problem on OJS 3.3.0.8

I’m having a problem with “CustomLocalePlugin”.
When I run the “php upgrade check” command while this plugin is installed and active, I get the following error and when I update 3.3.0.10, the problem persists.
When I delete the plugin, everything is normal.
Is this a situation with the plugin and how can I fix it?

Error:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /var/www/…/…/plugins/generic/customLocale/CustomLocalePlugin.inc.php:32

Application Version - OJS 3.3.0.8
PHP version 7.4.3 (cli)

Hi @nimulola

This is the line that is causing the problem:

Please note that the customLocale plugin cannot be used as “site plugin”, in the Administration → Site Settings area. If you have it enabled there, please disable it.

Best
Jason

Thanks for your response. But I can’t fix it from “Site Settings → Plugins” step, can you suggest another method to fix it?

Hi @nkisnisci

you can fix this directly in your database in the plugin_settings table, for that plugin where the context_id is 0. Change the setting_name = “enabled” column back to 0 for the setting_value.

Best
Jason

2 Likes

Hi @jnugent,

thanks but there is no “context_id=0” record, there are records for two journals and these records can be changed in the “Website Settings → Plugins” tab.

Hi @jnugent
I think it was a problem caused by the cache, clearing the cache solved the problem.
Thank you for attention.

Naci

1 Like