Customizing CSS for Announcement Headers

I’m trying to change the font and size of the headers to my announcements, but am not seeing any results. I updated common.css and journalstylesheet.css, and the font and size remain the same. Has anyone run into this issue?

Hi @Mike_CLJ,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information in your posts.)

What CSS are you using? If your journal is online, include a URL if you’re willing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for the reply, Alec! We’re on Open Journal Systems 2.4.4.1. My journal is at Community Literacy Journal

Here’s the CSS we have in place for header 4:

#content h4 {
margin: 0em 1em 0.25em 0em;
padding-top: 0.25em;
padding-bottom: 0.25em;
padding-left: .25em;
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif font-weight: bold;
font-size: 16px;
line-height: 140%;
background: #FFFFFFF border-bottom: solid 3px black;
}

Sorry if I’m missing something obvious, and thank you for any help you’re able to provide.

-Mike

Hi @Mike_CLJ,

Check your above post – it looks like it’s gotten a little garbled. You can use Markdown code to quote CSS etc. (There are also point-and-click tools for this when composing a post.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks, Alec. I’ve reformatted, and I really appreciate your help here. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do.
-Mike

Hi @Mike_CLJ,

Your styles look to be applying just fine to me; maybe you’ve got a browser cache problem or something? (Tools like Firebug for Firefox make this kind of work much easier, if you haven’t used one!)

Regards,
Alec Smecher