CrossRef export: contributor_role="translator" is not used

Hi,

we use the feature in OJS3 to include Translators as Contributors for the articles. However, the CrossRef export plugin seems to mark all contributors (both authors and translators) as "author" in the <person_name contributor_role> part of the xml file, and does not mark translators as "translator" as should be according to the current CrossRef schema.

Are there any plans to populate author/translator correctly? (Until then of course one can modify the exported CrossRef xml files manually and deposit afterwards.)

Thank you for consideration.

4 Likes

noticed the same problem and it applies to a lot of places where contributor data is presented. I will start a github issue on this soon and take Crossref exports into account as well.

Hi @ajnyga, wondering if there’s been progress on this issue?

Aside from CrossRef, I’ve noticed this problem also happens with other metadata export formats (DOAJ & PubMed). Additionally, the translator role is not displayed on any of the Themes I tried (I tried Default Immersion, and Manuscript). Thx!

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.